Tuesday, February 28, 2012

An Ikea Hack

Do you follow me on Pinterest? If you do, you have probably seen that I created an Ikea Rast hack board. There are some amazing versions of this very versatile Ikea little dresser. I loved the original hack created by Lindsay when I first say it long time ago but never thought I could tackle a DIY to be honest. I live in a flat in London with limited outside space, I have never painted anything, nor sanded, or done anything related. Fast forward a couple of years and last month I saw Rachel's nightstand and I dropped her an email to see how difficult it was, she was really sweet and encouraged me to go for it, and for that I thank her because now I am the proud (oh yes, pat in the back for this newbie!) owner of 2 lovely new nightstands. N and I are delighted!




I mainly followed these directions. I won't lie, it's not perfect, the painting mainly but I love it and it does look great unless you inspect it very closely so all good! 

21 comments:

  1. You did such a great job, H! I love a good DIY, esp. when it comes to IKEA. Thanks for the inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did amazing, Helena! It looks so stunning :) Well done friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same one!! Aren't they amazing/so easy/ inexpensive!! That's a win-win-win in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out beautifully Helena! Your bedroom is so pretty too; I love your ruffled cushions xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on those! I really like the gold hoop drawer pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks awesome and exactly like the DIY by Aubrey & Lindsay. Wow, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fabulous! You did an amazing job, Helena! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so fab Helena, I would have had NO idea that an all pine dresser could look so glamorous! I am inspired (though that will last all of five minutes as I never get round to doing DIY!) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVERLY.

    I am loving the Ikea hacks.

    It makes me want to run to Ikea just to buy stuff to re-do.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't it feel so good to make something for your own home? I think this turned out fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh! you did a great job!

    kisses from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks great! i've been needing a new nightstand and the three drawers and all their storage look like heaven to me right now. thanks for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks beautiful! You did a fantastic job, Helena!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok i dont have any place for these but I want to make a pair now! You made these look beautiful in your bedroom and now I have to get my butt to Ikea to get some too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me encanta, good job! Yo tb le doy vueltas a este mueble, tal vez me anime.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover